Thursday, March 6, 2008

Deceptively Dewonderful

If you haven't gotten the Deceptively Delicious recipe book it is one worth getting or taking look at to get ideas. I got it for Christmas but I really didn't start using it until Valentines Day. The first recipe I tried were the pink pancakes. It used beets in it to make them pink and you could not tell at all. They were soooo good. I have been adding cauliflower puree, sweet potato puree, zuccini puree, tomato puree and flax seed to most everything I make and no one can tell. It has actually made the dish taste so much better. It enhances the flavor. It is amazing. But the truly amazing part is my kids love it. Tanner said "mom can you make those tacos again. They are my favorite and I just loved them". Even if you like vegetables it is nice to do because you add all of those nutrients without the bulk of vegetables. You don't feel like you have eaten 1/2 a cup of cauliflower when you really have. It is wonderful. I have tried it in spaghetti, potato soup, tacos, noodles, ranch chicken salad and a few others I can't remember right now. If you have a hard time getting kids to eat vegetables this book is a wonderful reference or just steam up some vegetables and puree them and your kids will get them without knowing.

10 comments:

Megan B said...

I have it, now I just have to use it!!!

Another wonderful trick I've found recently is blending up fruits and vegetables into an innocent-looking smoothie. My kids pound dozens of carrots because they can't tell they are in with the oranges and bananas! Hey, kids, who am I kidding? I do it for myself!!

Karen said...

Mmmm, sounds good! I saw Oprah when the author was on and it looked fun to me then. I'll have to go get it.

lanita said...

I saw it on Oprah, too, and have wondered if it is all it's cracked up to be. Sounds like it is! I just might have to give it a try.

P3 said...

Alright, I have been thinking of getting that book - and not for my kids - my husband. He is the pickiest eater of them all :)

Unknown said...

My kids really like the chicken nuggets. When I did them I used baby food as the puree. I've also made the Mac and Cheese with the white beans. LOVE IT!!! YUMMO!!!

Melissa said...

I love your family picture. Your kids look so cute. Where was it taken, obviously not here. Its very nice.

SAS said...

Hello! I stummbled upon you today--just like at the store the other day. Sorry if I seem like a frazzled nut--I was havin' a day! It was fun to talk to you for a brief minute. I always enjoy talking to you-my Primary President buddy! Your kids are so big and cute! Maybe we could have a real conversation someday soon? Sara

Unknown said...

HELLLLLOOOOOOOOO???? Anyone there. Hey Jenessa, I just talked to you today. We need a blog update. Your getting as bad as me!! :)

Megan B ♥ said...

Where, oh, WHERE have the Mulkay's gone? Oh WHERE or where can they BE???? La la la....

Clarissa Wilstead said...

You know, I'm in dire need of Jenessa's Laugh. I think you have the most amazing and genuinely happy laughs!