Saturday, August 2, 2008

Dodgers lost, we lose a tooth, and we have a pass out


We went to one of our favorite Dodger games recently. It is one where you got to watch a Celebrity game also. It is always a good time. What typically happens is you get to go on the field (before the regular game) and watch the celebrities play and you can run around in outfield. Then you get a watch the Dodgers play. Well this year the Dodgers played first and the celebrity game was after. We got tickets in the All You Can Eat Pavilion which was a lot of fun. All the foot long Dodger dogs you can eat plus popcorn, nachos, peanuts, soda and water. Because the Dodgers played first it ended up being a day game. Good thing we were in the All You Can Eat Pavilion because I think we drank our moneys worth that day. We were in outfield and had the sun blazing on us in the heat of the day. It was suppose to be 91 degrees that day (that is what it said when we checked but who knew that they do the temperature by the airport which is right by the ocean. Much much cooler over there then where Dodger Stadium is) so we were prepared for hot but not for HOT. It ended up being 115 degrees. That is a whole lot of HOT that we were not expecting. During the game Emma fell of the bench and of course fell right on a metal piece on the bench in front of us and nice big scape up her back. Also while we were watching the Dodgers play Tanner turned to me and his tooth that was a tiny bit loose now was a whole lot loose. He has a hard time getting teeth to come out so I told him how cool it would be to lose it while at Dodger Stadium. So he decided to play work on getting it out. 7th inning stretch came and went and he still hadn't lost the tooth. In the 9th inning he looks at me and says "mom it is out". We were all excited and I got my camera out and was taking a picture when all of a sudden someone falls on my lap. I look down and Emma is laying on my lap. I thought for a second that she was just playing around when it hit me she had passed out. We went from Tanner that is great laugh laugh high 5 to a oh my goodness and trying to throw my camera to someone before she fell off my lap. She came around pretty quick but what a scare. We took her down to the covered area and soaked her head with water and got some sugar in her to perk her up a bit. Mike wanted to leave but my worry was if she passed out again I didn't want to be in LA traffic. So we stayed there for awhile longer to make sure she was okay and close to the medical staff. The Dodgers lost and we didn't end up staying for much of the celebrity game Tanner wanted to play on the field a bit so we did that and left. What a day. Never a dull moment around here I tell you.

4 comments:

Mandee said...

Wow! That is one adventure to never forget! So glad to see you back to posting. I'm right there with you, can't wait for school to start and have a schedule again!

Megan B ♥ said...

Wow, what. a. day. at the stadium! Holy cow! I too am so glad to see you back to posting! Yay! I don't feel like we've had much of a summer, so I'm looking forward to fall, in hopes that I'll feel well enough to actually DO something again!

Jonesy said...

Hi Jenessa - I am Kellie - the one snapping all the pictures at Russo's the other night. I found your name on Sara Seany's blog and figured there couldn't be too many Jenessa's in the world. It was fun meeting you and you can visit my blog for pictures of the "book party" (I think you refused to be in them but thanks for helping to take some :)

Unknown said...

Holy Cow what a day that was. That sounds like fun. We will have to do that some time.