Thursday, August 14, 2008

How much benadryl will it take?

I was doing stuff on the computer the other day when I turned around and found Emma asleep. It was 5:00. I thought "no way are you doing this to me at this hour" so I proceeded to wake her up. She was way more dopey than I thought she should be after what we had done that day. So I just tried to keep her up until 7:00. At bed time I had gone into my room when I noticed the benadryl bottle on my night stand...EMPTY. Click, click, click the pieces came together. Emma had taken the last 1/4 of the benadryl. No wonder she was so tired. When I called my mom to tell her that I now knew what dose it took to knock Emma out she asked me why I had given her that much. I told her "I didn't. She drank it in my room in the middle of the afternoon". I couldn't believe it. How she got the CHILDPROOF cap off is beyond me. Benadryl normally makes her hyper but I guess now I know what dose will knock her out right? Just kidding

9 comments:

Mandee said...

Oh, man! Reminds me of the time Alex turned the heat in his room up with out us knowing. The next morning (after he slept more than an hour longer than usual) I found him sweltering in his room practically in a coma. We immediatly put cool washclothes on him and made him drink cool water. It took awhile to get him out of it. It scared the heck out of me!

Megan B ♥ said...

Oh my!! Justin was getting after me yesterday for leaving the flouride tablets accessible to Tanner. He was going on and on about having to have his stomach pumped if he got into the flouride and how bad I would feel. I thought he was exaggerating a LITTLE. Jeesh... Benadryl can go either way at our house. Hyper or stupor, I just never know!! And it's rarely the convenient reaction :)

Karen said...

Now you know what to give Emma on long car rides, say to Pocatello, ID!

Unknown said...

Oh my goodness. Well leave it up to that little girl to conquer the "CHILD PROOF" lid. I'm glad she's ok and that she gave you a little break. lol JK

Stacy said...

Janessa!
This is Stacy from Ricks! I was so excited to stumble upon your blog! I am glad that you are doing well - cute kids. If you have a minute it would be great to chat with you. My email is stacy_bowen(at)hotmail.com

JenandKyle said...

Hey Janessa! This is Jennifer Mortensen. I don't know if you check this place often, but I need your address in ID. Email me at glitrdancr@yahoo.com

Clarissa Wilstead said...

okay lady, we need pics!!!

Schwendimans said...

Jenessa! This is Jenn Rose from Ricks-- it's a long story, but I found your blog! (Hope you don't mind...) You have an adorable family! How have you been?

Carrie Jeffrey said...

janessa!!! jenn sent me your blog and we're glad to have finally found you!!! you look awesome and your family is beautiful!! how are you and what are you up to???