Monday, February 18, 2008

Those precious moments

Mike and I have been trying super hard lately to be more calm, to keep our voices not so raised, and to keep the frustration with the kids under check. It is really really difficult but I have started to realize how much it really pays off. There is a different spirit in our home. I don't feel as anxious. It has been wonderful. Now I am not going to say that we are perfect in this. My voice has been raised and there still is frustration (that is part of having children) but we are trying to make them our joy more and not our job.

The biggest difference we have seen is with our little Emma. For those of you who don't know her she is a fireball. She has so much energy. She gets into many things and has a hard time listening. She very rarely sits still and the listening skills, well it sometimes feels like they are non-exisistant. It has only been a week since we have been trying extra hard in what we do and say. Today, as Emma watched a movie she kept asking me to sit next to her. She put her arm around me and then turned to me and said "you are so nice to me mom. You are the best mom in the whole world."

It is moments like these I really believe that we need to remember why we are doing this and that we are the ones that make the difference. It is also moments like these that we need to carry on.

3 comments:

Karen said...

Amen! I couldn't have said it better!! You are truly a great mommy!

Mandee said...

Those moments truly do make it worth it all! What a sweet heart.

Unknown said...

OH, what a sweetheart. That totally makes everything worth while doesn't it!