Friday, February 22, 2008

Valentines Day


We had a really good Valentines Day this year. We celebrated a day early (cuz Mike had to work late the next night) and it was so nice. We made pink pancakes, dyed the milk pink, and had bacon (close enough to red/pink right?) The kids had a ball. They were a little skeptical about the pink milk (I would have had strawberry milk but I didn't have enough for everyone) but once they tried it everything was good. I had a recipe for pink pancakes from the Deceptively Delicious cook book and thought it was a perfect day to try them out. They are made with beets. I must admit I didn't make the recipe from the book (because I hadn't gone to the store and didn't have everything or I would have had strawberry milk also) but I just added 1/2 a cup of beets to pancake mix, added water and some vanilla and delish. You can't taste the beets at all (Mike even ate them and he is picky at times) The day of love this year was a good one. I hope you all had a good one also.

2 comments:

Karen said...

I love the fun dinner. All we had was spaghetti! I guess it was better than the refried bean soup I had planned!

Mandee said...

We had pink pancakes too! A few years ago we had a pink heart shaped pancake dinner on our fancy dishes. Ever since then Alex insists we do it every year. I didn't realize we had started a tradition at the time, but I love it!