Saturday, June 14, 2008

I never thought I would detest a letter in the alphabet


My little Emma is very cute, and inquisitive. She asks a lot of questions, which for the most part I really enjoy that she wants to learn. But lately when she asks a question after I have answered she turns to ask "Y". Once I have answered she again turns the question of "Y". There is no end to this. I could get back to the "and that is why the dirt was made" and she would still ask "Y". I have come to cringe a little when I know that it is coming. (It actually is kind of funny.) I was in the store the other day and we had been shopping for a couple of hours. So there had been plenty of "Y" questions that had been asked. I was getting to my "Y" question max. We were in the grocery store and it was "Y" are you buying those beets? Because we want to eat them. "Y"? Because they are good for us. "Y"? Because....... "Y"? Because...... and it continued. I finally said okay Emma enough. "Y" mom. A lady behind me started to laugh. I turned around and said I am a little tired of the "Y" questions and she continued to laugh. I thought that she must have had an Emma. And as we walked away Emma asked "Y" did that lady talk to you. And so in continues.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Emma "Y" do you ask so many "Y" questions??? ;)

Karen said...

Here here! Enough of the "Y" questions already. Ethan always asks questions he knows the answers to! Drives me NUTS.